Associate Consultant/Consultant (Respiratory Medicine)

Job ID:  2658
Job Function:  Medical
Institution:  Ng Teng Fong General Hospital

The Respiratory Medicine Service at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital is an expanding, progressive and forward thinking department. It consists of 11 full- time consultants. Our respiratory medicine service includes inpatient and outpatient clinical care. The service is supported by a dedicated lung function laboratory team, dedicated sleep laboratory team and the endoscopy unit. The endoscopy unit is equipped to perform bronchoscopy, endobrochial ultrasound (EBUS) and medical thoracoscopy procedures.

The respiratory medicine service has strong links with the radiology department, intensive care team, cardiothoracic surgery department and medical oncology department. We work closely with our NUHS partner at NUH site for sub- specialised respiratory medicine service included dedicated interstitial lung disease clinic and complex airway disease clinic.

The respiratory medicine team strive to provide patient- centred holistic care to our patient. This post offers an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic clinician to join the team in developing the acute and chronic respiratory services further. Successful candidate will participate in inpatient respiratory medicine and general medicine care in addition to outpatient respiratory medicine care. At the same time, we would ensure that our new associate consultant/consultant is able to continue pursuing their sub- specialist knowledge and skill of interest, participate in medical education and clinical research of interest.

The doctor should possess:

  • Basic Medical Degree with post-graduate qualification such as Master of Medicine, MRCP, registrable by the Singapore Medical Council.
  • Be accredited as a Specialist by the Specialist Accreditation Board, Ministry of Health such as Specialist Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
  • Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK/Ireland or one of the Royal Colleges in Australia Possess the relevant years of experience in the respective field.